Thursday 30 September 2010

Too Punctual

I hate to say these but I’m too punctual for my friends. Too punctual about time, I mean. 

I rushed into a place called “café” that afternoon. My friends and I  agreed that we had to have a meeting first to  arrange our class reunion. We decided to meet at that  “café” at 5 p.m. So, I hurrily left, waving bye-bye to my baby girl who was sitting near to her dad. “It won’t be long…”  I said.

I reach that place at 4.55 p.m. The place is near my  house, it is in Jalan Dago. I was glad because of the traffic allowed me to move faster. You know, Bandung nowadays, especially Jalan Dago, always attach to the traffic jam matter. No one can have more than  40 km/hr of speed at that range of time. From 4 till 6 p.m is a rush hour time in Dago area.

I parked my motorcycle, and walked slowly, throwing smile to some waitresses  that smiled at me. I chose to sit outside, because it would be easier  to see the entrance. I planned to watch my friend’s coming. The waitress came and asked for the order. I told him that I ‘m waiting  for my friend before making an order. So, I asked him to wait. 

Thirty minutes has passed, and I still can’t see one of my friends coming from the entrance. I called up the waitress to have some “ cappuccino ”. I thought I would love to drink it while waiting.  In fact, the cappuccino was my only friend I had until finally, my handphone rang. I picked it up and heard my female friend’s voice. “Where are you ? ” she said. “And where are you ?!” I replied. She couldn’t find me and I started to be confused. She had receive the wrong address, but fortunately it is near the café.

At 6.15 p.m I found one of my friends standing outside the entrance, holding his phone, trying to contact someone, that I’m sure that was my friends also. Three of us met, but we still had to wait for others. The sky already wore a dark color and the gathering were not complete yet. Waiting and waiting patiently. In the end, we started  the meeting at 7.30 p.m , we decided to talk within this small group and would not wait for others. 

The meeting ended with no certain result, just appealing some kind of idea to gather all of friends. I  was starting to  get disappointed because of  the way I spent my time. I felt sorry and tired suddenly,  I felt very angry . Why?  Not because the “no certain result” meeting, it was more about the time I’ve spent. I knew it won’t work if you dealt with someone that cannot respect other and time.  What made me angrier inside that I left my baby and came to this meeting with these kind of act, make it as not important matter for me anymore.

I feel irritated because I’m too punctual…

1 comment:

  1. mmm ... good story. therefore, be relaxed, aja...miss

    ReplyDelete